All I wanted were a few pictures of Evelyn, a few pictures of Lydia, and few of them together. We went to our "friendly" neighborhood photography studio. I should have known it wouldn't work--Lydia's been in a mood all week it seems. The photographer started with Evelyn, snapping pictures. She did great: smiling, cooing, laughing. Everything was going smoothly until he asked Lydia to sit next to Evelyn. Her response? "No WAY!!" "No way" has been Lydia's response to just about everything this last week. Everything I ask of her has been met with a "no way" lately. This was no different, except evidently Lydia decided she wasn't going to cooperate at all. I asked her to sit with Evelyn, "NO WAY!!!" So, the photographer and I decided to continue with Evelyn and he asked me to move her to a chair. For whatever reason, this set Lydia off--she wanted Evelyn to stay where she was. Then the trouble really began. Lydia's face contorted into that face parents dread: the pre-tantrum pout, followed by the dreaded lip quivers, and finally on to the full toddler screaming, crying meltdown. Nothing would suit and no way would she stop and have her picture made. At this point, the harried photographer asked us to leave...well, I guess it was more like he recommended that we leave, but still...we were kicked out!
Tune in next week to see if I have better luck at my quest for the professional portrait, or will I just have to settle for my own somewhat blurry snapshots....
Friday, March 28, 2008
Kicked Out!
Posted by Mama C. at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment