Friday, April 11, 2008

Cat: Free to Good Home


I have a love-hate relationship with my cat, Bob. When he's being so nice and cuddly with me, keeping me warm on a cold night, I love him. When he's being so sweet with the girls, letting them pat him, pull on him, cover him with stickers (like in the picture,) or even dress him in hats and he never even bats a paw, I love him. Right now, though, I HATE HIM!!!

I know, how could I hate such a sweet kitty? Let me set the scene for you... It's 3:00 AM and all are quietly, blissfully snoozing in our quiet, dark house. Then I startle awake hearing some kitty-footsteps and a little squeaky-squeal. "Oh, great," I thought...thinking it was yet another mole or chipmunk that Bob had brought in--up two flights of stairs, no less--to our bedroom. Jeremy woke up, too, and we quietly laid there hoping Bob would just finish it so we wouldn't have another critter to catch ourselves and get rid of. So, we're lying there in the dark, practically holding our breathes, when something flutters by our heads.

Choking back a scream--at least the girls didn't wake through this commotion--we both sat bolt upright and realized some winged creature was in our room. We grabbed our glasses and turned on the lights and a cloud of feathers floated through the air while this poor bird flew in frantic circles over us and Bob chased. I was ready to kill Bob at this point--I mean, come on, we're talking 3:00 AM and a BIRD in my bedroom!!!

Jeremy and I decided we really didn't want to bang and crash around our bedroom trying to catch this bird. So, I had the idea of opening our window so it would fly out. We opened our screenless window, turned out the lights and waited. And waited. Bob got bored and went back outside--probably to get some other feline tasty treat. At this point, Jeremy and I were so tired and we were punchy. I brilliantly commented when Jer asked where the bird was, "He's over there on the floor....I wonder what kind of bird he is....hmmm...he must be some kind of floor bird for Bob to have caught him." Yeah, that made sense. But it sure did make us laugh.

We finally dozed off, and a little before sunrise, when all of the birds are singing at their loudest, the bird finally made it out the window and flew on. I guess I'm not so angry with Bob anymore....I guess...it was pretty funny...but I still have to vacuum up all of those feathers. Sigh....

0 comments: