It's up in the air whether Little Miss Stubborn (aka Lydia) will be starting preschool next week. As you may be aware, to start the 3-year-old preschool class, children must be potty-trained. You must be thinking, "but I thought I read a few weeks ago that Lydia was doing great with potty training?!?!" Yep. A few weeks ago Lydia WAS doing great--she was a peeing and pooping in the potty pro. Until a week ago when she decided she was tired of it and has since required me to borrow my mother's steam vacuum cleaner (you can imagine why I'd need that, I'm sure.) Of course all of the current parenting "experts" tell you not to reprimand your child or make them feel bad if they have accidents, so I'm supposed to magically get across to her that I don't like the mess and that I want her to use the potty, but not get across to her that I'm angry or irritated or annoyed (which I am because I know she knows how to use the potty--she's just being stubborn--none of the experts address stubborn!!) It's very hard to remain cheerful when you're constantly scrubbing the carpet and washing messy panties, shorts, and shirts. Grrrrr....so we'll see what happens when school starts next week. Lydia may decide to be like the other kids and use the potty at school. Or she may pee and poop all over the place and I'll get a call to come get her and wait until next year. Oh well...I keep telling myself that she won't be doing this at 10...at least I hope not! : )
Meanwhile, little Evelyn, while still not walking, has mastered crawling both up and down the stairs. She's very proud of herself--and looks so cute doing it. I'll try to get a picture this week!
Have a great week!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Will She or Won't She
Posted by Mama C. at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
try making HER clean the mess or better yet, send her on a hope for the best! good luck and I have been there..... the peer pressure is an AMZING thing at preschool!
Post a Comment