Monday, June 30, 2008

Repetition

Our summer has been one of repetition. Lydia and Evelyn over and over again do the things they enjoy. Some of the repetition is great: the hugs, the kisses, playing together, playing outside, splashing in the pool, and more. Some of the repetition is about to drive me mad.
About a month ago, Lydia and Evelyn discovered "Finding Nemo," and my life hasn't been the same since. For now, at almost every opportunity, Lydia is asking to watch "Fish, Fish, Fish" or "Nemo...Coral....Dory...Whale" her names for the movie. She no longer wants to watch her favorite two shows (Curious George and Sesame Street) now all she wants is to watch Nemo. It is a good movie, but I now unwillingly have the entire dialogue committed to memory.
You learning things after listening (I'm usually cooking dinner or something) to a movie over and over. The first time I saw the Nemo, I didn't realize that Dory never called him by name...after several viewings it struck me that she calls him every "O" ending name out there: Fabio, Bingo, Ringo, Elmo, etc. And other little subtle nuances you just don't get with a single viewing.
Oh well...there are worse things. It was actually quite cute and handy the other day when we went to the "Fish Store" (Lydia's FAVORITE destination) she pointed to and named almost every fish in the store. She knows her clown fish from her tang. I must run...someone's tugging at my leg, asking for "Fish! Fish!!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least there is some scientific accuracy in Finding Nemo and the girls' heads aren't filling with half-truths like Disney is so fond of doing.